Welcome to the Dump

Presented to you here is a space to dump out all the papers that you wrote before you wrote what you meant to write, where you can send all the cover letters with your true feelings about the job that you did not want, and even post them emails that were deleted before wreaking havoc on the world.

There is a peculiar beauty and surprising usefulness in a Big Dump of wayward ideas and lunatic ravings. Mind you, The Big Blog Dump is not about bad work. Instead, it honors and makes public the creative/ridiculous, allowing the most terrifically ridiculous bits of air traffic in your brain to have their rightful moment in the spotlight.

So Dump away my friends, and see where it may lead us...

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cover Letter Mad Libs

The Zany Way to Apply for Jobs You Don’t Want!



To Whom It May (Verb),

I am writing to apply for the position of (job title). This job is a great opportunity to utilize my (fake skill) as a/an (job title you don’t want) who excels in a team environment and has the (self reflexive adjective) to work with minimal supervision to very high levels of (noun).

I graduated from (name of overpriced institution of higher learning) in May of 2008 and worked from September 2008 until May 2009 at (proper noun). From May 2009 when my (bad experience) ended until the present I have worked for (proper noun) as a/an (demeaning job). My job as (name of something horrible) is primarily concerned with managing (plural noun) in our online (gerund). Since beginning this job in May of 2009 I have (plural noun) and also spent several weeks full time (way one might die).

Recently my position at (name of something horrible) expanded so that I assisted the (proper noun) with donor issues such as (bad experience) and refunds. Working in the fast paced and detail-oriented world of (noun), I had the opportunity to take a lot of initiative in how I handled (mean adjective) donor issues, and stalled (bad word-plural).

Thank you very much for your (noun). I look forward to (gerund) from you.

Sincerely,
(proper noun)

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I'm so glad you took my seriously concerning cover letter and put it on your dump! No, but, for real kids: I considered writting a cover letter or two like this when I was very, very frustrated.
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete